Retinol in Squalane offers a water-free solution containing retinol—an ingredient that improves the appearance of fine and dynamic lines that arise from a loss of collagen and elastin, while evening skin texture and tone. What’s more, this expert-level formula is supported with squalane, a moisturizing agent naturally found in your skin that enhances surface-level hydration and helps combat the dryness that can be associated with retinol use.
The Ordinary Tip: Start with Retinol 0.2% in Squalane and slowly work your way up to Retinol 0.5% in Squalane and Retinol 1% in Squalane.
- - Apply a few drops to the face in the evening.
- Do not use with other retinoid products.
- Use sun protection during the day.
- Caution: Retinol can cause irritation, redness, and peeling, especially around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of use while skin builds tolerance.
- Refrigerate after opening.
- If irritation occurs, rinse oﬀ, cease use, and consult a physician. - Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Retinol, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxymethoxyphenyl Decanone, BHT.
Formulations are updated from time to time as part of commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
Note: Once opened, this formula should be refrigerated and used within a three-month period.
Caution: Retinoids can make the skin more sensitive to UV radiation. Sun protection is particularly important when using retinoids. This product must not be used in conjunction with other retinoids including retinol or retinoic acid. This product is not a treatment for acne.
Note: When pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid any skincare products containing retinoids such as formulations with Granactive Retinoid or Retinol.